The Blacklight: Retribution Community Editor enables players on the PC to create and eventually share their custom or modified maps with the rest of the community. The Map Editor was released on May 7, 2016.
To download the Map Editor open Steam then go to Library -> Tools. Finally, scroll down and right-click on Blacklight: Retribution Community Editor and choose "Install Game...". The download is approximately 14.4 GB. All assets within Blacklight: Retribution are available to aid in the creation of player made maps.
Maps that are created with the Blacklight: Retribution Community Editor can be uploaded to Steam Workshop and feedback can be given from the developers and other players. Eventually, there will be a community map playlist within Blacklight: Retribution that will showcase player made maps.
As more information becomes available it will be added to this page.
Getting Started Edit
The Blacklight: Retribution Community Editor is based on the Unreal Development Kit (UDK) and only a 64 bit version available, 32 bit is not supported.
All documentation for the Blacklight: Retribution Community Editor is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blacklight Retribution Community Editor\FoxGame\Documentation\BLR Public Level Editor Documentation.pdf
The PDF guide recommends watching the tutorials at https://www.3dbuzz.com/training/view/unreal-development-kit an in-depth introduction to UDK level creation.
Tips and Tricks Edit
- Pressing the Space Bar will the cycle the Transform Widget between Translate, Rotate and Scale modes
- Holding Alt and dragging on the Transform Widget will duplicate the currently selected object
- Holding Alt + Shift and dragging on the Transform Widget will duplicate the currently selected object and move the camera as well
- Alt + w, hide/show all static meshes
- b, hide/show the bsp builder brush
- For the complete list of keyboard shortcuts see UDK Hotkeys and Shortcuts
- Changing between Local and World can fix the orientation of the Transform Widget when in Translate mode